Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Toddler Story Time (10/14/14)


The library was closed yesterday, so it was arrive and read for me today! 


Opening Songs

Book: Hello, Baby! by Mem Fox and Steve Jenkins


Fingerplay: Itsy Bitsy Spider

Flannelboard: Socks in a Washing Machine (thanks to Katie at Story Time Secrets and Miss Mary Liberry for the idea! I think I may have had even more fun making this than we did playing with it in Story Time...)







Book: If You See a Kitten by John Butler


Circle Song: My Little Red Wagon

Circle Song: The Elevator Song

Transition: I Clap My Hands

Flannelboard Story: Pete the Cat: I love my White Shoes

Closing Songs

Thoughts: The socks in the washing machine was new and different and the kids were more attentive than I thought they would be (as a precaution, I only used a few pairs of socks instead of dumping in all 12 pairs). I don't think I could have gotten away with more pairs, though, as by the end they were ready to move on. I want to try this again with the kids pulling out the socks. I did it myself this time to test it all out. 

The kids really liked the second book and made all the appropriate sounds (they thought it was funny to say "Peeee-ew!" and "Yikes!"). Pete the Cat is always fun, but by then the kids were distracted and a little too bouncy to sit quietly for it. 

I use the same Hello and Goodbye songs at every Toddler Time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...