Friday, October 31, 2014

Flannel Friday: Two-sided Pumpkins

I do the rhyme "Five Little Pumpkins" every year around Halloween and then don't touch it again till the next year. Last year I made five pumpkins out of orange paper, colored and laminated them, and put some velcro on the back.

They were functional, but I felt they were a little lackluster.


This year, I decided to make something more fun so I made five two-sided flannel pumpkins.

At the beginning of the rhyme, I put up the five pumpkins on the felt board as pumpkins:


Then as each one speaks in the rhyme, I turn them over to reveal their jack-o-lantern side:


The story-time crowd went "oooooh" when I flipped the first one and the kids enjoyed it so much that we did the rhyme twice.

Here's the version of the rhyme that I use:

Five little pumpkins sitting on a gate
The first one said "My, it's getting late"
The second one said "There is magic in the air"
The third one said "But we don't care!"
The fourth one said "Isn't Halloween fun?"
The fifth one said "Let's run, let's run!"
OOOOOOOOO went the wind
and OUT went the light
And the five little pumpkins rolled fast out of sight.

Thanks to the Silly Librarian for the inspiration!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...